Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Project 365: 17/365

Since I have absolutely nothing to talk about #sigh, might as well talk about the title from yesterday's Incitement event title --- "What if...". #mainstream #inspired

People take "what if" differently. Some think that they should live their lives in a way that they wouldn't regret looking back to their choices and wonder what if they took another different path. They would fearlessly go with their instinct and tell themselves this is their choice and there's no looking back.

Yea in life, we have to make decisions and it is really hard. What if we made a wrong one? What if the other option turns out to be a better choice? What if..what if..

I agree wholeheartedly that it requires a certain extent of wisdom, observation and experience before we make a decision on something. I do believe that after going through dilemma like this, if the outcome is not satisfactory, it is very heartbreaking.

And honestly, WE NEED THE THOUGHT OF "WHAT IF".

Being a human is not as meaningful if we never love, never hate, never get mad, never go crazy, never do what we thought we couldn't do, and never regret what we didn't do/did.

And of course, I also believe in moderation. After we made a choice, perhaps a real bad one, it is okay to wonder the what-ifs. Why not right? We are human, we are made to think and feel. But not to the extent that it influences our positivity, our motivation and our drive to do better.

So why don't we just cut loose, look at the past, ask ourselves, what if I made another choice..

Maybe..just maybe..we can see the road not taken appear itself in our imaginations, like a dream come true. =)

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. 

Robert Frost --The Road Not Taken

0 wise men stood up:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Dreams and Reality
Copyright © 2012
Designed by Ipietoon
Modified by Lynn Ng