Saturday, September 1, 2012

Project 365: 13/365

Ooooo post number 13! I promise it won't bring suay-ness to you HAHAHA

So during our precious holiday, me and yj went to a refugee school at Bukit Jalil. It was really an eye opener for me to see how some people need to struggle to survive, while we are just chilling under the protection from our country.

Yes I can't deny the flaws we have in our country, but seriously we are so blessed enough to be able to go through everyday of our lives peacefully (unless Lynas project failed #touch-every-piece-of-wood-i-can-find). The refugee that we talked to, started the school to help other refugees' children to get education.

Now, I don't really know them that well, and I judge only but its cover, so my remarks are just my shallow mere observation ok. I can see that the surrounding, the school, the classrooms, the facilities are really in bad condition. And that they can only survive but getting some on-and-off help from UNHCR (an agency to help refugee) and volunteers. But they are so grateful. They still live their life with hopeful heart.

From what he told us, when these Burmese children reach 15 years old, no matter how they like studying, they'd have to bow down to reality and start working to support the family. And they constantly need to fork out money due to death, jail bail (working without permit as they are just refugees) etc for each other. As we know, their pay is relatively low and hence, their struggle has no end. The most successful example they know is just Burmese who successfully own a grocery store or something.

To me, the only way to break this vicious cycle is through education. Only with knowledge and the ability to acknowledge things are they able to truly live. Nobody is meant to be seen/treated lower than other human being. So LOOP gonna do something about this and hopefully it'll help them to sustain themselves. If you're interested to know more, please contact me. What you're reading is just a small corner of an iceberg.

Anyway, some smartass (by some I mean one wtf) is mentioned in a video from Incitement fuyohhhh you gonna havta watch it to know who it is (and fyl if you dun actually know this person after watching the video but I promise the video/the group posting it is very inspiring one!)

Nah here it is!

2 wise men stood up:

  1. From Labuan, Sabah? HAHAHAHAHA HE'S GOTTA BE KITTEN ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hi I finally saw your comment! Because it went to spam! But I saved it! So hi!!! hehehehe

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Dreams and Reality
Copyright © 2012
Designed by Ipietoon
Modified by Lynn Ng