Saturday, November 24, 2012

Project 365: 95/365

Yesterday night Liz was finally admitted to the hospital.

She couldn't take the pain and asked us for help to send her to the nearest medical center at 12am. My roommates quickly got changed and brought her down to get a cab. I stayed home to jaga rumah and felt a little useless.

In the midst of all these misfortunes,  I felt really grateful for meeting this bunch of awesome people.

When I was in school, up to university, I told myself whatever I went through must be applicable to my future. So I left home to pursue my dream, stay with strangers, trying to apply what I've learned in school to my life.

Honestly I didn't care so much about treating strangers or acquaintances well during school time. I've never speak to some of my housemates when I was in uni hostel. We don't share anything or do anything together. I couldn't bother to bond with them because my mindset was that I didn't want to socialize when I got home. Nobody cleans the living room because nobody comes out from their room to talk, so living room is kinda like none of their business.

I had the same mindset when I first came to this apartment. I thought I could be polite to them and engage in small talks occasionally. But heck, they are extraordinarily friendly and they really managed to open my heart. A typical Chinese would mind staying with other races (I saw the look on the face of two Chinese girls who came to check out our apartment to rent). I didn't mind but as I said I didn't want to get close.

But they are the sweetest girls ever, with zero drama! Yes there will surely be conflicts and I have always disliked conflicts because I hate it that people say angry and mean things out of anger, next they are all normal again, as if it never happen. Bitchplease most people think this is a good thing but I hated it because nobody is born to take your anger and reckless behavior. We are grown enough to talk things out.

And that's what they did. I'm glad my sacrifice of leaving home helped me to see another side of the world, another side of humanity, another side that I've never seen. We are all from different cultures literally (we have a Chinese, Indian, Malay, and a black girl) but we always managed to talk things out without any hard feelings at all.

Liz had to be admitted and they offered to help her and take care of her when some of them have pending work to be done. They went to visit her and even fed her.

Few years ago a friend told me NOT talking things out and wearing a mask is always the best way to survive. I disagreed because human is made of love. Not being able to be yourself around people is not having a relationship, and I want a real relationship. Then we grew apart because of our differences.

I've encountered similar people along the way but I've never seen them happy being that way. So y u no change? I don't understand.

But today I feel extremely grateful for what God has shown me. The world that I have always hoped for, does exist.

Who's naive now?

0 wise men stood up:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Dreams and Reality
Copyright © 2012
Designed by Ipietoon
Modified by Lynn Ng