Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Project 365: 86/365


Found a post that I wrote from the ancient time. Since I am lazy it is still relevant to my current life, might as well just post it up HAHAHA

Here it goes:
Before falling asleep yesterday night, I was being all reminiscent over an interesting past event.

When I was in Form 5(which is like..5 years ago), we were required to complete our project NILAM record with summaries of all the books that we’ve read. If we are able to reach a total number of 288 records and above, we would be able to achieve the ultimate stage, the NILAM recognition.

Back then, all of us read as much as we could and spent lots of time on writing summaries. It was a race of determination. And I didn't make it.

Looking back at this event, I can’t help thinking how I would have ended up if I never give up.
Scary isn’t it? Give up striving for the best, knowing what is in store for you if only you can keep it going.

We can almost see a little ray of light shining at the other end of a tunnel, but yet we stop walking towards the light and left the journey in the tunnel..unfinished.

Such a attitude could be disastrous if it happens on major events in our life. School, work, relationship etc. We all have the nature of behaving the best we could and expecting the best possible outcome in our life. But it is also our nature to give up upon facing difficulties. Hence, we look for other alternatives, for example like settling for the second best outcome.

I’m not saying we should be ‘kiasu’(afraid of losing) in doing things, to the extent that it affects our attitude and life principles. It’s just..frustrating to see how we give up persisting and putting effort on achieving targets in life.

I myself was not a man of perseverance until I realised how I always ended up being dissatisfied with certain things in my life. I knew what comes after striving all the way until the end, but I gave up in the middle of the process.

This has to be my worst attitude ever. Not persevering limits my potential of growing. I don’t know how far I can go, what exactly I can do to improve and in this act of giving up, I lost sight of who I am.

Hence, I've decided to change. Change for the better. Keep striving for the best. Never give up in the middle of my doings(provided if it is the right thing to do).

Because all I’m looking for at the end of the tunnel is..

The ray of Happiness.

Cheh wah so cheesy one. #have-goosebumps-all-over-my-arm

0 wise men stood up:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Dreams and Reality
Copyright © 2012
Designed by Ipietoon
Modified by Lynn Ng