Monday, November 19, 2012

Project 365: 90/365

Got addicted to translating lyrics lately. Maybe because sharing the things I love and finding people who think the same means a lot to me. =)

Yes I am still not over with Lara(梁心颐)'s album. It's a beautiful album with songs that tells superb stories.

Today I wana introduce this song called 'Gentleman'. It is composed by Gary(杨瑞代). This song was initially written as 'I'm Not A Gentleman' by Gary in his album. Lara took it and changed the lyrics into a dialogue style to Gary's version. It was brilliant!

Let's hear Gary's version first!

你说你靠的肩膀 You said the shoulder that you've been leaning on
越靠越勉强 不再奢望 The more you lean on it, the more you don't want to
慌张 想你的方向 Panic, is how I feel when I was wondering where would you be
在哪一个机场 Or rather which airport would you be
却假装很平常 But I made it all looked calm and normal
I'm not a gentleman 我总不够贴心 I'm not a gentleman, I'm never caring enough
I'll be a better man 我会努力来证明 爱你 I'll be a better man, I will work harder to prove my love for you

Chorus:有时候觉得胸口 有点椎痛 很难呼吸 Sometimes I feel pain in my chest, making me hard to breathe
你留言的那墙上 The wall you used to leave note for me
我会保留来提醒自己 I'll keep it to remind myself
没有你 房间空荡 how empty the room is, without you
我没想像中坚强 and how vulnerable I actually am when I thought I was stronger than this
你撕走照片的痕迹 The mark you left by tearing the photos away
也会保留来反省自己 it'll be kept for my self-reflection

你说感情是互相 你不想再这样 一再失望 You said love is mutual, you don't want to be disappointed constantly
慌张 想你的方向 Panic, is how I feel when I was wondering where would you be
在哪一个机场 Or rather which airport would you be
却假装很平常 But I made it all looked calm and normal
I'm not a gentleman 我总不够贴心 I'm not a gentleman, I'm never caring enough
I'll be a better man 我会努力来证明 爱你 I'll be a better man, I will work harder to prove my love for you
Chorus:有时候觉得胸口 有点椎痛 很难呼吸 Sometimes I feel pain in my chest, making me hard to breathe
你留言的那墙上 The wall you used to leave note for me
我会保留来提醒自己 I'll keep it to remind myself
没有你 房间空荡 how empty the room is, without you
我没想像中坚强 and how vulnerable I actually am when I thought I was stronger than this
你撕走照片的痕迹 The mark you left by tearing the photos away
也会保留来反省自己 it'll be kept for my self-reflection

今天天气很晴朗 Today is a sunny day
但是笑容很勉强 But my smile is reluctant
能不能不要就轻易放弃 Can you not give up so easily?
*Back to Chorus

Now, Lara's version!

昂贵的烛光晚餐 The luxurious candlelight dinner
电影的浪漫 The movie romance
可有可无 T are all dispensable
爱一个人很简单 Loving a person is simple
台词很平凡 The lines are ordinary
你却说不出 You couldn't even express 'em
I'm not a gentleman 你笑着对我说 'I'm not a gentleman', You smiled and said
我不需要很多 I don't need much
其实一句话就足够 But just that one sentence

Chorus:爱不就应该表明 Isn't it that love has to be expressed
不就该互相关心 Or care about each other mutually
就算只是一个小心意 The slightest loving intention
我会知道我属于你 would let me know that I do belong to you

生日对你是一天 Birthday is only an ordinary day for you
没什么特别 何必庆祝 There's nothing special, so why celebrate
难道你没有发现 But didn't you notice
我失望的脸 有多么在乎 the disappointment on my face, for wanting a special day like this
I'm not a gentleman 你叹气对我说 'I'm not a gentleman', you sighed and said
我不需要很多 I don't need much
其实一句话就足够 But just that one sentence

**Chorus**

爱如果太过冷静 If love is as cool as this
只是理性的交易 It'll be as if it is just a rational deal
当你勇敢付出你的心 Only if you're brave enough to love with your heart
才能体会它的神奇 can you experience the magical feeling it brings

我不是机器 I ain't machine
能无尽等你回应 I can't wait for your response endlessly
你的怠慢让我终于看清 Your neglection helped me see that

爱不过是个表明 Love is only an expression
不过是互相关心 Love is only mutual care
少了那一点的小心意 Without that slightest loving intention
再多举动都没意义 No matter what you do, it doesn't mean a thing
你的爱太过冷静 Your love is too cool
冷到我开始怀疑 To the extent that I started to doubt
与其当你身边的个体 Whether I should stay as an separated unit beside you
选择自由还更彻底 Or choose freedom

 爱一个人很简单 Loving a person is simple
台词很平凡 The lines are ordinary
但你已太晚 But it's too late

Awesome right!

If we love someone, let them know, show them how much you love them. I do agree that action speaks louder than words. But in relationship, it is only workable if both parties know how each other perceives love.

Anyway, if you have somebody you wana hold on to, say it. Do it. Show it. And hope for the best. =)

0 wise men stood up:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Dreams and Reality
Copyright © 2012
Designed by Ipietoon
Modified by Lynn Ng