Thursday, January 3, 2013

Project 365: 120/365

Finally watched Les Misérables awwww yeahhh!


Remember I went through a lot of hassle just to watch this musical in movie? When I couldn't get the premier screening ticket, I was like 'screw this I'm not gonna pay to watch it!'. Now, I would like to laugh at myself (HAHAHA YOU FOOL) wtf that's just crazy.

But then I was like 'screw this! This is the closest I'm gonna get to watch a musical production since I might never make it to Broadway to watch the real deal!'. And so, I bought it (the movie ticket), watched it (the movie) and LOVE IT (everything about the movie oh yeah I do)!

Ok la I can't deny their singing is not perfect like the Pitch Perfect fellas (bitchplease I used Pitch Perfect as benchmark only because it rhymes ar please take note. Glee is always the best!). At the beginning of the show I was puzzled why they didn't use casts who can actually act and sing too. But when Hugh Jackman sang in the church (don't wana spoil it too much for you), whoa! I understood why they were there in the movie, not anybody else.

Gosh you should watch this movie and experience all kinds of mixed feelings expressed in songs and music. I was very impressed that they actually sang live while acting. Even Glee couldn't do that. Yea it was a bit pitchy and all, but man it was also so raw and REAL! The singing mixed with their awesome acting, that's the perfect combination!

Come to think of it, maybe if the singing was perfect, it wouldn't portray the brokenness and sorrow of the characters. Fuyoh I just made a clever remark #clap&cheer-for-self

I came out from the cinema with tears on my face. I see alot of people wiping their face while walking out from the cinema too so it is not just me okay! Seriously lah you should watch it if you haven't, PROVIDED IF YOU ARE INTO MUSICAL. Enjoy the awesome ride!

0 wise men stood up:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Dreams and Reality
Copyright © 2012
Designed by Ipietoon
Modified by Lynn Ng