Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Project 365: 108/365

I'm inspired by my friend for leaving hateful comment about me being a sexist on fb HAHAHA.
And my reply was "chill la bro why so se-rious" HAHAHA I'm the worst conflict handler lololol.

This inspired me to blog about a conversation I had with colleague few weeks ago. He gave me a reality check and I was exposed to a whole new world of men-women relationship.

As a girl, I believe when there's a guy in our life, we are being sugarcoated by words like 'oh I will take care of you for the rest of your life!', 'oh I will help you with housework' etc etc. And I do believe guys grow up having the perception that they are to provide for the family and protect the family (and that's hot *wink*).

Girls are taught how to do housework even at their young age. In this modern era wtf I'm using high school essay language, we are to juggle between work and housework, constantly struggling which to put as the priority. Not saying men don't need to do the same, but it seems that women are under a higher extent of social pressure when it comes to this matter. I'm not talking about how men feel ok I'm just saying about the amount of social pressure put on both sexes.

The dynamic of men-women relationship is reaching a neutral zone where men are involved in house chores (which is originally women's duty) and women are contributing in providing to the family (which is originally men's duty). I think this is an awesome change but do we all know why is it awesome? My colleague was right. This is because we've changed from playing-our-own-role to partnership!

Do you know what's sexist? Sexist is those who think despite being able to do beyond our 'designated role', we're still bound to our duty. For example, a working woman thinks she is to keep the house clean for her family to live in, to take care of the kids and guard them from disturbing the dad etc etc. Or a man feeling insecure when the wife earns more than him when he's supposed to be the 'provider'.

Every person has different potential and talent, far beyond our own imagination. We could do so much better than we already are. This has nothing to do with gender. And what we do should base purely on our passion and interest. A woman who loves being a stay home wife should be a stay home wife because she loves being one, not because this is her duty. A man who wants to provide luxuries to the family because it wouldn't mean anything enjoying alone, not because he's entitled to provide.

In this case, my friend who commented on my status was very right about this. Why must guys be the one who buy things for the gf? Why not the other way round?

So except for accusing me for being a sexist (I am so not! I don't even do housework! Oops. Too much info. *zip*), my friend's comment is actually awesomely wise. Kudos!

0 wise men stood up:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Dreams and Reality
Copyright © 2012
Designed by Ipietoon
Modified by Lynn Ng