Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Project 365: 10/365

If Xena is warrior princess, then I am princess worrier.

...

It rhymes! #proud

So I've been told that I am too anxious about things and worry too much. I was like OMFG YOU HAVE CAT TO BE KITTEN ME MEOW wtf because I have always been the most chillax person among other people.

Thanks to the serious tone (which frightened me a little T.T) I am now examining myself. It seems that I've been living my life worrying about things consciously (by constant whining) and unconsciously, that I don't know how to stop worrying anymore.

If things are messed up, I can never be at peace until it is dealt with. If nothing is going on, I will worry whether or not something bad is coming up. And when I say I worry unconsciously, it means my worries are constantly expressed by my surrounding peers, that I don't even have to voice it out (making it as if I damn chill but actually I'm not HAHAHA).

Look back at my final year project period, it was definitely the darkest moment of my life. I was worried I can't graduate with my friends (that I avoided talking about convocation and I cried whenever cy said we must graduate together. wtf, brain?), can't meet the deadline, can't please my partner, can't work out a function, and all that stuff. I was so gloomy I just wanted to sit in my room and do my stuff all day long. And when I leave the room for dinner at cy's place I just dun feel like going back to my room. I had the drive to work for the better but my emotion state kept me from doing better. I was just so depressed.

Haiz I can't even write about that moment without feeling the heaviness. Because it was really unpleasant. Anyway when it was over, I felt like a pulled string let loose. So I slacked my ass off and hence the result #facepalm

So lemme do a pros and cons of worrying for you.

Pros: None.
Cons: A lot. HAHAHA damn lazy to list it out

Fine fine. Affecting your performance, depression, affecting relationships etc are the cons of worrying.

I believe in moderation (and Jesus, btw). We can always be worried a little (showing that we care and wana do something about it), whine a little (to express feelings and not bottle it up) and slack a little (to stop and take a rest). The key is A LITTLE. When it becomes too much, it will only do harm and no good at all.

So can you worry only a little?
Whine only a little?
Slack only a lttle?

My advice for you and myself: If you can't, you shouldn't do it at all.

2 wise men stood up:

  1. You have grown wise, woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise is my middle name wtf nawww laa its actually my surname wtf wtf wtf

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Dreams and Reality
Copyright © 2012
Designed by Ipietoon
Modified by Lynn Ng