Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Civil Duty

No word can describe how I feel right now at this moment.

Few months ago when I officially joined my current company, my dedicated supervisor brought me to the post office near my office to register as a voter. Today I am filled with gratitude for his action and because of him, I was able to cast my vote and contribute to the political revolution which is happening right now.

And thanks to my colleague aka coursemate, JW who educated me all about the current issues and political news, about parlimen structure whatsoever (which we've learnt in Form 6 but I remember none of it #shame).

They both taught me why is it important to know, and to vote. It is not about whether it concerns you, it is about justice (like how you admire the Avengers, Iron Man all that heroes). I'm extremely disgusted by the very fact that some Malaysians can be bought off by monetary promises. But at the same time, think about all the other Malaysians who stood up for justice and plead for clean election, doing their duty to make sure justice is served.

I'm so awed.

No matter what happened tonight, I know that justice is right there. And we don't need superhero for that.

May the end of the day brings a better tomorrow.


0 wise men stood up:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Dreams and Reality
Copyright © 2012
Designed by Ipietoon
Modified by Lynn Ng